Staying Healthy, While Staying at Home
One of our partners, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) has developed a list of no-cost resources to help our employees stay healthy while staying at home for those already working remotely and in the event we turn completely to telehealth.
These resources include at-home specific content on topics including physical activity, mental health, nutrition, ergonomics and more.
Physical Activity and Exercise
Core Power Yoga:
- Free access to a collection of yoga and meditation classes through Core Power Yoga on Demand: https://www.corepoweryoga.com/yoga-on-demand
Cross Fit at Home:
- Provides free access to various workout and nutrition videos to preserve your health at home: https://www.crossfit.com/at-home
- Sign up for a 30-day trial and receive access to full body workouts daily, which include cardio, yoga, dance, Pilates, and more.
- Will require credit card information for the free trial: https://dailyburn.com/register/
- Down Dog is making all of their apps – Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre and 7 Minute Workout – completely free until April 1, 2020: https://www.downdogapp.com/
- Offering free access until July 1, 2020 for all students and teachers (K-12 and college).
- To access free school membership, sign-up using your .edu email address. If your school does not use a .edu emails, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offering 12 free yoga and meditation classes specifically designed to help relieve stress and anxiety: https://try.ekhartyoga.com/free-relief-classes/
- Offers free workout videos based on difficulty, focus, and equipment available:https://www.fitnessblender.com/
- Unlimited access now through April 30, 2020. Grokker provides 4,000+ videos regardless of skill level, abilities, and goals. Videos include the topics of fitness, mindfulness, and nutrition.
- Will require credit card information for free trial:https://grokker.com/individuals
Nike Run Club:
- Need to get outside for a bit or have a treadmill at home? This free app helps you track your run and allows access to guided runs hosted by coaches or Headspace:https://www.nike.com/nrc-app
- Live fitness classes with a 30-day trial (use code ATHOME).
- Will require credit card information for the free trial: https://www.obefitness.com/users/sign_up
- Their digital app is free for 90 days and you do not need to have a Peloton to use it. Not only do they offer bike and treadmill classes, but they offer outdoor walking/running classes, strength, yoga and meditation. https://www.onepeloton.com/digital/checkout/digital-90d
- Free online classes for two weeks, beginning March 16, 2020. The workouts will be live-streamed at 6 p.m. CST each day. If you cannot make it live, the workouts will be available on-demand. https://www.planetfitness.com/
- Free access to Wellbeats online fitness classes through April 30. Get started at https://portal.wellbeats.com/#/idle or through the app on the App Store or Google Play store (select ‘Register Via Code’ and enter invitation code 57a4df63)
Pop Sugar Fitness:
- A free YouTube exercise channel that offers free fitness tutorials and videos: https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/
- A list of free workout apps is here:https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/free-workout-apps-social-distancing-coronavirus
- Free access and is designed to train your brain to manage mental health; get started at https://app.totalbrain.com/enter/consumertrialor through the app on the App Store or Google Play store. If downloading the app, use the code, “consumertrial”.
- Free mental health program designed to address the stress caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic. This free online course is designed to help you reduce stress and developresilience from home: https://healbright.com/
- Affordable, private online counseling. Talk with a licensed, professional therapist online about depression, anger, stress, anxiety, grief, and more: https://www.betterhelp.com/
- Meditations and resources on this page are free of charge.
- Calm has provided handpicked content to support your mental and emotional wellness through this time.
- Resrouces on the page will be updated regularly: https://www.calm.com/signup-flow
- Free meditations with topics like sleep and movement exercises to help you out, however you are feeling.
- Available as a webpage and an app: https://www.headspace.com/subscriptions
- Components of this meditation platform are free to all.
- They have announced free premium memberships to those impacted by the pandemic and can no longer afford to pay.
Take a Break!
- Free meditations for deep relaxation and stress relief: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/take-a-break-meditations-for-stress-relief
- Free therapist-led support groups via Facebook.
- COVID-19 Anxiety Resource Center.
- If you’re interested in joining, special discounting is made available: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Talkspacetherapy/groups/?ref=page_internal
Make it Ok
- Resources, podcasts, toolkits, stories and more:https://makeitok.org/
Mental Health America (MHA):
- To aid individual and communities during this time, MHA has compiled a range of resources and information on mental health.
- Topics include:
- Mental Health Information For Disease Outbreaks
- Financial Support
- Tools And Information On Anxiety
- Tools To Connect With Others
- Resources For Immediate Response
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI):
- NAMI provides resources, information, education and more around mental health: https://www.nami.org/About-NAMI/NAMI-News/2020/NAMI-Updates-on-the-Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Information and Resources
- This guide put together by NAMI, is filled with commonly asked questions when it comes to mental health resources and how to get support in every aspect of our lives.
- Looking for guidance on how to help yourself or your loved ones? Call the NAMI Helpline:
- Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., EST (800) 950-6264
University of Minnesota – Earl E. Bakken Center for Spirituality and Healing:
- Free mindfulness and resiliency webinars
- Mindfulness at Work course
- The Bakken Center of Spirtuality and Healing Workshop Series
- A list of free mental health apps is here: https://psychcentral.com/blog/top-10-free-mental-health-apps/
- Link to strategies to managing anxiety associated with COVID-19: https://www.virusanxiety.com/
- Strategies for eating while working at home are shared in this article from Bon Appetit: https://www.bonappetit.com/story/working-from-home-eating-strategy
- Ideas for healthy snacks for energy and productivity from Healthline: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/healthy-snacks-for-work
- MMA’s Risk & Loss Advisors have provided us with their recommendation from Cornell University regardign ergonomics at home: http://ergo.human.cornell.edu/ErgoTips2013/index.html
- Tips on at home ergonomic workstations: https://blog.physera.com/ergonomwhat-helping-your-remote-workforce-set-up-a-home-office-4aab26d5a102?gi=122c246c577
Kids/Learning at Home:
- Scholastic Book Company offers learning at home, by age group: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- XO-LP is providing free coloring sheets: https://xo-lp.com/printable
Working from Home:
- From Alex/Jellyvision and YouTube: 5 Tips for Working from Home
Crisis Management & Suicide Prevention Hotlines:
- Hopeline Text Service: Text “HopeLine” to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-273-(TALK) 8255 (En Español – 1-888-628-9454)