Quiz: Am I Addicted to Alcohol?
Aug 2, 2023
It can be difficult to tell if you or someone you love is struggling with problem drinking. Here is a useful quiz to help you determine if you or a loved one may be struggling with alcohol addiction:
- Do you feel a strong urge or craving to drink alcohol?
- Have you tried to cut down or stop drinking, but found it difficult to do so?
- Do you continue to drink even when it is causing problems in your life, such as health or relationship issues?
- Have you lied to others or hidden your drinking?
- Have you experienced alcohol withdrawal symptoms, such as anxiety, sweating, and sleep problems, when trying to reduce or stop your drinking?
- Do you spend a significant amount of time drinking or recovering from its effects?
- Have you neglected your personal responsibilities, such as work or school, in favor of drinking?
- Have you put yourself or others in dangerous situations while under the influence of alcohol?
- Have you lost interest in activities or hobbies that you used to enjoy, and instead spend most of your time and energy on drinking?
- Do you continue to drink even when it is causing financial problems for you or your loved ones?
- Have your relationships with friends and family suffered as a result of your drinking?
- Have you sought help for your alcohol dependence, but found it difficult to maintain treatment or sobriety?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you may want to consider seeing a healthcare professional who can help you determine if you are suffering from an alcohol use disorder. Remember, it is always better to address alcohol addiction sooner rather than later, as it can have serious consequences for your health and quality of life.
Call us today (833) 505-4673 to begin your journey to healing, hope and sobriety.