KNOW YOUR BENEFITS: Health Savings Account Examples
Oct 25, 2019
This week we continue our pre-Benefits Open Enrollment series to help you get to know the benefits available to you. We’ve created the fact sheet below with Health Savings Account (HSA) Examples to show you how to get the most out of this benefit. Click the link below to download the fact sheet. I’ve also outlined some of the information below.
What is a health savings account?
Otherwise known as an HSA, a health savings account is funded with your tax-exempt dollars to help pay for your medical expenses, including your deductible, coinsurance and certain services not covered by your medical plan.
Why should I elect an HSA?
1. Cost Savings
2. Long-term Financial Benefits
– Tax-exempt dollars
– Reduction in medical plan contribution
– Interest-bearing savings account
– Save for future medical expenses
– Funds roll over year-to-year
– This is your account; you take it with you
– You control and manage your health care expenses.
As always, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any benefits-related questions. And be sure to look for more from our KNOW YOUR BENEFITS series next week.