Comprehensive Care at CleanSlate: An Integrative Approach to Recovery
Sep 11, 2023
Addiction isn’t just about the drugs. It’s a complex web of mental, emotional and spiritual challenges rooted in the individual person—their history, present circumstances and future. By focusing solely on the symptom of substance use, we address only the surface and neglect the deep-rooted causes and interconnected issues that fuel addictive behavior.
An integrative approach to addiction treatment recognizes that recovery encompasses physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual dimensions. Instead of focusing on a single aspect of recovery, this approach takes a comprehensive view, understanding that each dimension of recovery can influence and be influenced by the others. At CleanSlate, this comprehensive method equips individuals with the tools and insights they need to reconstruct not just a drug-free life, but a fulfilled and harmonious one.
To start your recovery journey today
CleanSlate’s Integrative Approach to Recovery
CleanSlate provides outpatient addiction treatment to patients with a primary diagnosis of opioid use disorder (OUD) or alcohol use disorder (AUD). This approach combines proven medications with the various components of integrative care to support a flourishing life in recovery.
CleanSlate’s integrative treatment suite includes:
- FDA-Approved Medications. These medications constitute the core of medication-assisted treatment for opioid and alcohol addictions. Medication can reduce cravings, ease withdrawal symptoms and prevent relapse.
- Behavioral Health Care. Individual and group counseling helps uncover underlying sources of addiction, work through past pain and trauma, and develop healthy coping mechanisms to manage thoughts, feelings and actions.
- Pregnancy and Addiction Care. Addiction during pregnancy requires specialized care that focuses on the safety of both the mother and unborn child. Integrative treatment ensures that pregnant women receive both the support and medical care they need.
- Hepatitis C Treatment. Substance users, especially those who share needles, have a higher chance of contracting Hepatitis C. CleanSlate provides Hep C screening and treatment to any patient at risk.
- Poly-Substance Treatment. Many patients don’t just struggle with one substance. They might use opioids in combination with alcohol, benzodiazepines, or other drugs. Addressing only one substance may prevent someone from achieving the sustainable recovery they desire.
- Community Services. One of the most overlooked aspects of addiction treatment is post-treatment support. Recovery isn’t just about abstaining from substance use; it’s also about rebuilding one’s life. This means having access to housing, food, transportation and employment. CleanSlate Care Coordinators connect patients to these essential services to help them thrive in their recovery.
The Individual at the Heart of Recovery
In an integrated approach to addiction recovery, there’s a recognition that no single intervention is universally effective. A combination of evidence-based treatments, personalized care, behavioral health therapy and community support promises to yield the best results according to each person’s unique needs. This approach emphasizes the need for continuity of care and long-term support, understanding that recovery from addiction is a lifelong journey.
If you or a loved one is struggling with drugs or alcohol,
call (833) 505-4673 to get the treatment you deserve