CleanSlate’s CEO and Chief Medical Officer to Present at National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit
Mar 24, 2018
Two senior executives of CleanSlate, a national leader in outpatient addiction medicine, will speak at the 2018 National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit, the largest national collaboration of federal, state and local professionals seeking to address prescription drug and opioid abuse, misuse and diversion. CleanSlate is also a Gold Level Sponsor.
The Rx Summit runs from April 2nd through April 5th at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. Greg Marotta, CEO of CleanSlate, and Dr. Kelly Clark, Chief Medical Officer of CleanSlate, together will present a session titled “Implementing SAMHSA TIP 63: Accessing Pharmacotherapy Across the Care Continuum.” The recently released Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP 63) from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is clear in the need to provide people suffering from opioid use disorder (OUD) with evidence-based treatment. Medication is an effective treatment for OUD, and people with OUD should be referred for an assessment for pharmacotherapy unless they decline. Still, many patients with OUD do not have access to appropriate medication therapy. Mr. Marotta and Dr. Clark will address the role of medications in the abstinence-based treatment of OUD; discuss some current models for delivering medication treatment through the continuum of care; and identify the elements of quality medication management programs with buprenorphine and naltrexone.
More than 2,500 of the nation’s top researchers, advocates, policy-makers, medical professionals and law enforcement agencies will participate in the Rx Summit.
“The drug epidemic requires a multi-faceted effort,” said Nancy Hale, President/CEO for Operation UNITE, the educational adviser to the Rx Summit. “All of those approaches from prevention and education to law enforcement to treatment must be utilized together so we can protect and save our families and communities. We are pleased that CleanSlate is a key participant and sponsor. Through sharing important resources and expertise, CleanSlate is helping create solutions that will save lives.”
Other featured speakers will include:
· Dr. Jerome M. Adams, United States Surgeon General
· Dr. Francis S. Collins, Director, National Institutes of Health
· Dr. Nora D. Volkow, Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse
· Richard Baum, Acting Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy
· Dr. Scott Gottlieb, Commissioner of Food and Drugs (FDA)
· Dr. Anne Schuchat, Acting Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
· James A. Walsh, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Bureau
· Anne Hazlett, Assistant to the Secretary for Rural Development
· Dr. Elinore F. McCance-Katz, Assistant Secretary, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
· U.S. Sen. Edward J. Markey, D-Massachusetts
· U.S. Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-New Hampshire
· U.S. Rep. Harold Hal Rogers, R-Kentucky, 5th District
· U.S. Rep. Earl Buddy Carter, R-Georgia, 1st District
· U.S. Rep. Katherine Clark, D-Massachusetts, 5th District
In addition, there are tracks ranging from heroin to treatment to prevention. Sessions will focus on trending issues such as the increased danger of opioids being cut with toxic additives, addiction treatment in correction facilities, and the importance of data collection and analysis to understand and anticipate the shifting nature of the epidemic.
CleanSlate representatives will be available in the Exhibit Hall to provide more information about its care model and to engage in discussions with potential partners in the battle against the opioid epidemic.
Some of our Service Areas:
- Lafayette Opioid Treatment
- Merrillville Opioid Treatment
- Muncie Opioid Treatment
- New Albany Opioid Treatment
- Plainfield Opioid Treatment
- Louisville Opioid Treatment
- Athol Opioid Treatment
- East Boston Opioid Treatment
- Leominster Opioid Treatment
- Greenfield Opioid Treatment