In last year’s Culture Committee survey, one of the themes we heard is that CleanSlate employees would like focus on the diversity that makes up our CleanSlate Warriors.
World Heritage Day is April 18th and provides us with a great opportunity to showcase our diverse employee population. Below are just a few ideas you can incorporate at your CleanSlate location to celebrate the diversity that makes our teams so unique.
- Bring in a dish that represents your heritage(s)
- Create crafts related to your culture (i.e. sugar skulls during Dia De Los Muertos)
- Share stories/anecdotes from your culture/heritage(s)
- Play music representative of your heritage(s)
- Demonstrate or teach dances from your heritage(s)
- Wear traditional dress of your heritage(s) (as long as it doesn?t interfere with patient care and dress code)
And you certainly don?t have to limit the celebrations to that one day. I encourage you to carry this tradition on throughout the year, and if another day works better for your location that is more than acceptable.
As always, be sure to share your local celebrations of diversity with us at email@example.com.